Best Large SME Company Car: Jaguar XE 2.0d R-Sport 163PS
THE fact that Jaguar’s new Audi A4 and BMW 3-Series rival, the XE, is 2016’s Best Large SME Company Car in the SME Company Car of the Year Awards 2016, shows what a year of change it has been for the iconic classic British sports saloon manufacturer.
Jaguar XE 2.0d R-Sport 163PS Saloon
- CO2: 99g/km
- Fuel consumption: 72.4mpg
- Acceleration: 7.9 seconds
- Maximum speed: 132mph
- Insurance group: 32
- P11D value: £22,100
- Company car tax band: 17%
- BIK: £4,214
- Tax at 20%: £1097
- Tax at 40%: £2194
No Jaguar has ever been able to crack the sub 100g/km emissions barrier before, yet the XE does and still delivers driver appeal by the bucket load.
So, on top of the handsome styling, if you go for the R-Sport trim there are more dynamic details, such as the curvier bodykit and 17-inch alloys.
However, despite the sporty looks, with this version of the Jaguar XE, you can have your cake and eat it, as it still combines low running costs and low tax bills, with an equally high level of driver satisfaction and real company car appeal.
Judge Jonathan Burn, Auto Express deputy news editor, said: “At launch the XE redefined the compact sports saloon market with class leading fuel economy and CO2 levels coupled with Jaguar design.”
Four key reasons why the Jaguar XE won
- Impressive CO2 and fuel figures
- Handsome, sporty looks
- Despite the economy, the Jaguar still has all the performance you’d expect
- The XE is still great fun to drive
Best large company car. What were the judges looking for?
- When small businesses and SME firms look for staff company cars, they keep it simple. It’s either a compact car or a large car.
- So this is the larger car category to suit technical or sales staff on the road or more senior personnel in the organisation.
- That means a car that is longer than 4.5m and conveys a level of seniority and aspiration. Must satisfy all the key attributes of being practical, desirable, good on company car tax and low on running costs.
The SME Company Car of the Year Awards 2016 is sponsored by Fleet Alliance.