OUR Best Value SME Company Car in the SME Company Car of the Year Awards 2016 is last year’s Best SME Company Car for Tax – the Mercedes C-Class.
Mercedes-Benz C-Class C350e PHEV Sport Auto Saloon
- CO2: 48g/km
- Fuel consumption: 134.5mpg
- Acceleration: 5.9 seconds
- Maximum speed: 155mph
- Insurance group: 38
- P11D value: £38,215
- Company car tax band: 5%
- BIK: £1,911
- Tax at 20%: £382
- Tax at 40%: £764
This means this compact executive Merc can achieve low, low CO2 emissions of just 48g/km. On top of the emissions, the fact it also has an electric motor means it can run on electric power for up to 19 miles.
On top of low emissions, this Mercedes has parsimonious fuel consumption: the combined fuel figure is 134.5mpg.
With this C-Class giving such amazing CO2 emissions and fuel economy, you’d think there would be a compromise in performance – but you’d be wrong! Top speed is a licence-losing 155mph, with acceleration to 62mph taking just 5.9 seconds.
A more popular sight on UK roads now, this Mercedes is a justifiably popular choice because of the fine mixture of impressive technology, sleek looks, plus it’s more involving to drive than ever.
“With the Mercedes you get a lot of car and very low whole life costs”, said judge and company car expert Colin Tourick.
Four key reasons why the Mercedes C-Class won
- CO2 emissions of just 48g/km, where many cars in this class struggle to get below the 100g/km emissions barrier
- On top of low emissions, this Mercedes has an impressively low combined fuel figure of 134.5mpg.
- The-Class’s sleek new looks
- The performance, as top speed is a licence-losing 155mph, with acceleration to 62mph taking just 5.9 seconds.
Best value. What were the judges looking for?
- We wanted to find the best value company car for SMEs. What do we mean by value? That winning combination of competitive P11D price, low benefit in kind, excellent running costs, and great specification.
The SME Company Car of the Year Awards 2016 is sponsored by Fleet Alliance.