SEAT Leon 5 Door 2.0 TDI FR 150PS Review
What is it?
IF you want performance, but don’t want to pay the taxman for the privilege – or the oil companies – then this car is for you. Few cars can blend this much fun with so much economy and have you smiling at the end of the journey.
The SEAT Leon FR is a five door hatch with all the sporting panache attached to the brand; but it’s also fitted with a 184PS diesel motor that gives plenty of accelerarive oomph while also keeping your pennies in your pocket.
The model reviewed here comes with SEAT’s Technology Pack as standard at no extra cost – a special offer since the Leon’s launch – providing Navigation system, DAB digital audio, and full LED headlight technology.
- It’s not a Golf – the Leon has its own sporting personality. So step outside the norm and enjoy something different
- It makes you smile – something with this much power (0-62mph in 8.4secs) all tied down with sporting suspension guarantees every business trip will be a pleasure…
- …but you won’t be splashing out the cash: fuel economy is 67.3mpg…
- …while the company car tax band is 20%, meaning benefit in kind tax from just £74 a month
- There’s five doors too and a boot, so if you have to carry clients that’s not a problem. And despite the sporty performance, you won’t damage their vertebrae with rock hard suspension. It’s firm but compliant as opposed to firm and crashy
- You also get SEAT Drive Profile which also allows you to significantly change the feel of the driving experience.
- Free Technology Pack provides the business essentials of sat nav (plus a bit more)
- And there’s plenty of other good kit as standard such as the 17 inch alloys, FR-specific front- and rear bumpers, dark tinted windows, twin chrome exhaust pipes, sports suspension, dual-zone climate control, front sports seats, SEAT Easy Connect media system including full colour touch screen interface, Bluetooth audio streaming and eight speakers. If you want more, 18 inch Performance alloy wheels are just a £380 upgrade
- If you’re a business owner looking for a car for your staff, the free Technology Pack is a bonus, the low tax rate means reduced NI contributions, and 100% of the rental is allowable against corporation tax. Plus business lease rates are commendably low for such hot hatch potential